Sunday, November 4, 2012

First post is the worst post

I've been contemplating starting a blog for about... 2 years. But I've stayed as far away from the blogosphere as possible because everyone else had a blog and I'm a hipster and mainstream is lame. But since being mainstream is the new not mainstream, I figured now was a good time to start. Also, I have a boat load of homework I should be doing. But just because I'm procrastinating doesn't mean that I don't have something to say.

My name is Maria Ervin and I am a junior Radio and Television Broadcasting major at Bob Jones University. Ok, not really. RTV doesn't exist anymore, and I'm technically a sophomore, but those are both stories for a later time.

The purpose behind this blog is twofold:

  1. share my RTV experiences with the world (aka: the 3 people who accidentally find this blog and my mom)
  2. and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ through the one form of social media I've yet to dabble in.
Now, I'm not promising a deep, theological post every week. Although that occasionally will happen, super deep stuff is pretty much lost on me. I can promise posts about what God is showing me through my Bible classes, church and personal devos. So, hopefully stuff that you can understand.

When I'm not talking about a spiritual lesson I'm learning, I'll be talking about the absolutely retarded stuff my fellow majors and I do. Like that time we went to the mall, late nights in the TV studio, and Nerf gun wars through the radio station. 

But for the most part, expect a combination of the two. We're pretty much a family that shares similar theological beliefs, so most of my "Christian" posts will stem out of my experiences with them. I hope I haven't bored you with the 305 word post and counting, but if I have, question: why are you still reading this? 

Answer: you are also a procrastinating college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment